Duck eggs, day unknown

Ash287

In the Brooder
May 7, 2024
Hi!

Newbie here and looking for some advice please.

We ended up with 6 duck eggs (mummy duck was dead on nest along with 5 other eggs😢) so I brought the remaining 6 home, bought an incubator the next day (27th April) and have since had 1 hatch successfully (1st May) and one died whilst hatching the next day.

My query is about the other 4 I have still in the incubator. After candleling them, I’m 95% sure there is still movement in them but everywhere says that they should all hatch around the same time. It will be a week tomorrow since Donny hatched, is there any chance the other are still alive or are my eyes playing tricks on me because I desperately want them to survive 🤞🤞🤞

Thank you in advance for your advice x

Last edited:
It’s possible they are still alive. Do you know what an internal pip looks like when you candle them? You can post some photos of the eggs when you candle them and I can look at them

your first priority right now should be getting your current duck some friends. I would go to your local feed store and pick up 2-3 ducks. Try to do this as soon as possible.

As for the eggs, it is definitely possible that they are still alive however if you could get a picture of you candling the eggs that would be helpful

Thanks for the replies. There’s been no internal pips yet. These are the best photos I can get

Attachments

• IMG_3169.jpeg
    IMG_3169.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    512.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3178.jpeg
    IMG_3178.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3183.jpeg
    IMG_3183.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 0
Temp is set at 37.5, fluctuates a a little 37.3-37.7. Humidity is around 70-75, hard to get that to stay constant.

Back
Top Bottom