1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

duck eggs hatch early?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by klf73, Jul 5, 2011.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have a few runner eggs that are on day 24...I was candling all the eggs to move some around and toss the bad ones. two of the three eggs look like they are either in the air cell or pretty big. I moved the 2 to the hatcher just in case [​IMG] I left the other one in the bator as it looks like I think it should early day 24.....all 3 were still alive
    I am using a brinsea eco 20 with auto turn
    do some breeds hatch earlier sometimes?

2. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    sometimes they do and sometimes they dont, on occasion they do and dont make it, I had one pip in the side instead of the aircell tonight and I think it was a couple of days early, would have been a beautiful blue duck too.... [​IMG] I was sad... I dont think it was meant to make it though. Mine pipped about 4 days too early and in the worng place and it was under a broody hen, so incubators can be funny if temps are too high it can happen, you should move them ALL to the hatcher tomorrow if they are on day 24 it probably wouldnt hurt to do it now actually.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by