Duck eggs hatching - 2 now gone quiet...

I find it's really important to have the humidity right up high like 70% + from on lockdown day onwards
Thank you for your help.

I've got a Corti 25 incubator which unfortunately doesn't have humidity control - do you think i should just fill the water containers full and hope for the best as they are already in 'lockdown' now (they are on day 27)?

Thanks for your help, we filled up the containers last night and I'm wary of opening the incubator again after losing one duckling this morning.

He had been trying his best at zipping, but had gone quiet for about 2 hours so we just got him out to try an assisted hatch and unfortunately at some point this morning he must have died as he wasn't moving or peeping. Poor little guy was perfectly formed, so sad that he made it to the final hurdle but didn't survive.
Oh man I'm so sorry. That's why I was asking if he was fussing and violently shaking the egg and if the line was taking up most of the egg. He was probably stuck and couldn't finish the zip. I wish I could have seen more of the egg because I would have told you to assist. Next time you feel there is an issue, do not be afraid to open the incubator and examine an egg. I've had to help a few chicks before and never lost a chick to shrink wrapping. As long as your humidity is high, it will go back up once shut.
Please keep us updated on the other two.

Oh man I'm so sorry. That's why I was asking if he was fussing and violently shaking the egg and if the line was taking up most of the egg. He was probably stuck and couldn't finish the zip. I wish I could have seen more of the egg because I would have told you to assist. Next time you feel there is an issue, do not be afraid to open the incubator and examine an egg. I've had to help a few chicks before and never lost a chick to shrink wrapping. As long as your humidity is high, it will go back up once shut.
Please keep us updated on the other two.
Thank you, we were really sad, he was such a perfect little duckling when we managed to get him out 💔

Holding out hope for the other 2 - still no wobbles or signs of internal pipping - will keep you posted. I think I had my days miscalculated as it is actually Day 27 today so they are within a normal time frame to start hatching hopefully! Keeping our fingers crossed :)

Back
Top Bottom