Duck eggs not pipping Day 31!

XtentenX

Hatching
May 24, 2021
My Pekin started sitting on April 23rd. The night of April 26th she was killed. I thought maybe I was just missing her coming and going and she would be back. Then I found out that something had gotten her. I was undecided what to do with the eggs. I put them under a heat lamp the 28th and got an incubator on the 29th. Out of 18 eggs I have 3 that are still going. I thought they would've hatched by now, but nothing yet! I put them in lockdown last Tuesday. I candled last night and can see shadowing and movement. Still no internal pipping! Would the lack of sitting at the beginning cause this delay?

When calculating the 31 days did you subtract the 3 days they were not in an incubator and another day because it usually takes at least a day for an incubator to reach proper temperature?

Last edited:
April 23 is when she started sitting. So today is day 31 without subtracting any days. If I subtract 4 days today would then be day 27 I suppose. This is my first time hatching duck eggs and I wasn't sure how the days worked with my circumstances. I will try to attach a video from night before last. I just want them to make it!

April 23 is when she started sitting. So today is day 31 without subtracting any days. If I subtract 4 days today would then be day 27 I suppose. This is my first time hatching duck eggs and I wasn't sure how the days worked with my circumstances. I will try to attach a video from night before last. I just want them to make it!
I would not be worried then if it is only day 27 when you subtracted the 4 days. Have they internally pipped?

Not that I can tell. I can see movevent right around the air cell. 2 air cells have dipped, one is a little smaller. I have been candleing once a night to make sure there's movement. It won't let me post the video, but here's a picture from 2 nights ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-161413_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-161413_Gallery.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210524-161403_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-161403_Gallery.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom