duck eggs piping

kitschychick

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 28, 2009
ok well my duck hatched a duckling and we decided to put the rest of her piping eggs in the incubator to keep her from stepping on them because she was being kind of rough on them and two of them are starting to hatch but they arent making very much progress and it has been at least an hr and a half. should i help them? i have had chicks die in the shell when they are trying to hatch because they couldnt move but when i have helped it by that time its neck was stuck in a position. what should i do?

ps- sorry i know this is a chicken forum but you guys are really good about answering fast

They can take a couple days to hatch after they pip, though they usually do hatch pretty quickly. Just make sure that the humidity is high enough and leave them alone, they'll hatch when they are ready
smile.png

I agree with Shellyd2008 they are a lot slower to hatch than chicks, the last batch I done took anywhere from 2-3 days to hatch. I would let them be and get the humidity up to the 70's and wait. Good Luck!!!

also a friend of mine had never seen chicks hatch and she kept opening the incubator and touching them, can this effect them?

Yes it can affect them by lowering the temp and humidty. Tell her to keep her big hands out of bator and off the eggs....make her go away. LOL

Leave them be and all will be fine. If the babies are viable they will hatch.

Back
Top Bottom