duck eggs

ducky345

Hatching
Aug 18, 2016
My duck has been sitting on 5 supposedly fertile duck eggs along with 6 infertile chicken eggs which she took. It is now day 30 and no activity
1f61e.png
we candled them last night ( though ur not supposed to r u?) And saw a normal day 28, does anyone hav any advice???? It would b really appreciated
1f60a.png

Two different kinds of duck.one is Aylesbury and we don't no the other ones. We have removed the chicken eggs thank u for advice ant more wud b really helpful

Day 31still no activity
1f623.png
we r thinking of snapping the duck out if her broodiness.I feel mean but see no other option
1f62b.png
she is obviously exhausted and we r really feeling sorry for her
1f622.png
does anyone hav a y adive or objections to snapping her out of it??? It wud b really helpful
1f44d-1f3fd.png

I would give it a few more days and see what happens. 28 day incubation is just a guideline after all, especially if you are not absolutely positive when she started sitting tight (all day/night, only getting up maybe once a day to eat, swim, poo). That is when true incubation starts. How many of them look to still be good when you candled? Do they look like they are at the same stage of development?

4 of them looked good when we candled and they all were at a day 28 stage. We will give it another few days thanks so much for advice
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom