Duck eggs

Txfarm

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2021
I have a duck, Elsa (Muscovy)that is sitting 5 eggs right now, she is in her 10 day. I also have 6 of her eggs in the incubator. Her last nest of eggs didn’t produce any ducklings. I know that the eggs in the incubator are fertile and growing but of course not sure about the ones in the nest. I would love to add my 6 eggs to her nest, when would be the best time to do that? She is a good sitter. Thanks

I am having a difficult time finding the words for my question tonight. I'm so sorry.

So she laid the 5th and last egg in her clutch 10 days ago and has been sitting for 10 days? How long have the other eggs been in your incubator?

I would wait until you can confirm the viability of the eggs she's sitting on. Three days between hatchings can make a difference of her abandoning the nest. How many days has she been fully committed to sitting on the other 5 eggs?

She started on August 1st. Stays on the eggs all day and night, only leaves for 5-10 minutes. I would love to candle her eggs when she leaves the nest, I just have to be ready to do it.

I am having a difficult time finding the words for my question tonight. I'm so sorry.

So she laid the 5th and last egg in her clutch 10 days ago and has been sitting for 10 days? How long have the other eggs been in your incubator?
She laid 11 eggs, I took 6 for the incubator because I wanted to hatch at least some from her this time since none hatched last time. I put those 6 in Jul 27th, and Elsa started sitting august 1st. What do you think?

She started on August 1st. Stays on the eggs all day and night, only leaves for 5-10 minutes. I would love to candle her eggs when she leaves the nest, I just have to be ready to do it.
Will she allow you to check them in the middle of the night while she's sleeping? I know that some will not allow anyone poking around them or their nest, but it's so helpful whenever they allow it. It's so difficult to know when they are going to take a break and to be able to get everything finished before she notices and freaks out

Will she allow you to check them in the middle of the night while she's sleeping? I know that some will not allow anyone poking around them or their nest, but it's so helpful whenever they allow it. It's so difficult to know when they are going to take a break and to be able to get everything finished before she notices and freaks out
You know I just might have to try checking the eggs tomorrow night. When would you suggest for me to put the eggs from the incubator in her nest?

Back
Top Bottom