Duck eggs???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equine chick, Mar 24, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    What do I need to know about hatching duck eggs? Stevie maybe you can answer this question. I won some eggs on ebay last night. My dd is insistant on hatching ducks. We did get some silver appleyards and are very excited. Okay, how long do they take to hatch? Do the temp and humidity remain the same?

2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Ducks need a higher humidity and they take 28 days to hatch. [​IMG]

Stacy

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well first of all congrats on getting your eggs --

I have duck eggs in my bator on day 15 - I have never hatched ducks ( well I have NEVER hatched anything lol ) but for the most part I guess do the same as chickens - I turn the 3 times a day , spray them with warm water 1-2 times daily, mine are going to take 27 days to hatch - I am not sure about your breed though.

good luck with your hatch hopefully someone can come along with more help.

Julie

4. kat

kat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2008
    barnsley. england
    temp needs to be approx 102 degrees. turn 3 times a day making sure theres plenty of water in bator. we just had our first hatch 10 days late so dont give up after day 28 xxx good luck

5. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Quote:It depends what incubator they have. You want them at 99.5 in a forced air incubator, 102 in one with still air.

6. kat

kat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2008
    barnsley. england
    sorry yes 102 in a still air.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by