Duck eggs

Glorydownsfarm

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 14, 2012
Hey feathered friends! I am new to owning a duck flock. We have two Peking hens, one mallard hen, and one Indian runner male. My runner is just a small guy but has already...ahem....come into his own. He is sweet to his gals and they are very accepting of him. He does his thing a couple times a day but the hens have not started laying yet. They are all four months old. My question is this- how much do you sell duck eggs for? We have interest already, so we are excited for when they do start laying. Also, we own a very large flock of chickens and are able to sell those eggs at four dollars a dozen. We sell out each week and have a waiting list. (Our girls are good at what they do). We own a farm stand so I'll be selling them there. Any feedback would be appreciated!!! Thank you in advance too:). Happy day!

That will vary loads, i sell mine for 4$ but i could probably do more but being where i am is difficult, quite a distance from those who buy them so i look at getting what i can, i know they can be way more!

At only 4mths that is the youngest they can lay.. average more like 6-8mths. I did have some start at 4mths but most of mine were older.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the laying! We are about an hour outside of DC, but in farmland Maryland. So close to big cities but so far removed from it most city folk think we're extra rural;)

We sell ours 5.50 at market and 4.50 wholesale. But I have seen places sell them for 6.00 plus. We get about 7 dozen a day. Which is about 65% egg to hen ratio. Slowly culling out the ducks who are not laying anymore. Good luck!

OMG. I'm not even going to tell you what farm-fresh duck eggs sell for in Los Angeles... I'm paying $7 a half-dozen for premium free-range, cruelty-free organic CHICKEN eggs. Oy.

Seven bucks a half doz!!! Whooooo they must be good!!! Thanks hiesenburg for your price range! This is all very helpful!

OMG. I'm not even going to tell you what farm-fresh duck eggs sell for in Los Angeles... I'm paying $7 a half-dozen for premium free-range, cruelty-free organic CHICKEN eggs. Oy.

ep.gif
That is INSANE! Make sure you are getting what you pay for (ensure they really are free-range and organic.) Wow. And to think I just give my duck eggs away.......

Back
Top Bottom