duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by hatchcrazzzy, Oct 7, 2008.

1. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    are your ducks laying eggs or not what kind

2. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    I have a pair of Pekings who should have been in the freezer months ago, but they are so darn funny and sweet that they have had a stay of execution. The hen lays an egg almost every morning [​IMG] Next spring I am going to order a few runner ducks because I hear they are good layers.

3. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I have a broody duck but I don't know what kind she is. I also have some mallards and I'm finding an egg from them too.

jackie

4. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    jackie- I sure wish mine would go broody! When they first started laying I had high hopes of them hatching out more little meat ducks that of course would NOT be cute and who would end up in the freezer. *sigh* oh well, duck eggs are good for baking so I will just make due, or make a bator [​IMG]

5. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    My rouens are done for the year. I haven't had an egg for at least a week. The calls were done in August.

6. Bluedog420

Bluedog420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Cartersville, Ky
    Can anyone post pic's of a Rouen duck??....Thank's

7. scrapmom5

scrapmom5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Utah
    I have a runner and pekin. My runner lays an egg every morning without fail. My pekin is a drake and is very loyal to the the runner. The only times they are seperated is when my runner is laying...then the drake is only a few feet away keeping watch.

Unfortunately I need to sell them. I think they would be happier with more room and with winter coming I am not sure what to do. They are soooo cute together and will run to you anytime you enter the yard.

8. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Quote:We only have a female Rouen, the kids have named her Ming Ming, here she is.......
    [​IMG]

9. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

We have a black swedish named Ming Ming too!!! Love those wonder pets... have a turtle and a hamster too... not quite a guinea pig... but close![​IMG]

10. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    picture of pair of rouen duck
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by