Duck Enclosure Stinks

I suspect you just need to open things up a bit. You've essentially created a green house, which will not only hold in heat, but also moisture. I'd try opening up a side or rolling down tarps from the top to increase ventilation. Give it a week or two and see if there is improvement or not. With your current weather the ducks will be totally fine even if the run is almost totally unwrapped.

78EAC1E6-444F-41AC-A680-CC1EA9C14995.jpeg
51BEDF04-6FAB-41B6-9035-3C2C3F0137CD.jpeg
My pen. Works great.

I have a 10X10 run with a dog house for my Ducks. Pine shavings and straw in dog house. Sand is my ground cover. I put straw down only in one corner. My pen is covered with a tarp plus vapour barrier plastic on all sides. Way easier to keep clean.

Thank you so much!!! Any particular sand? I have heard of using construction grade for chickens but maybe any sand works for ducks? How deep do you keep the sand? One final question: Is it easy to scoop up their waste from the sand? Thank you again!!! ❤️

Thank you so much!!! Any particular sand? I have heard of using construction grade for chickens but maybe any sand works for ducks? How deep do you keep the sand? One final question: Is it easy to scoop up their waste from the sand? Thank you again!!! ❤️
Hawaiian white sand and bought at a landscaping yard. Under is gravel..
1B0C7137-804C-4D30-A7D7-66EE4512F69E.jpeg
D58D7497-7AB5-418C-929A-B35B9470A400.jpeg
34C402E2-A61B-4FFB-B92E-B3771C9A0F1E.jpeg

Definitely just using that tiller hand tool is enough. Replace or top off sand as needed.

One of my concerns is the wind. We are @ 6,000 feet elevation so we have howling winds coming down from the mountains on a daily basis from fall to spring. It’s my understanding ducks dislike the wind so that’s why we went with tarps...so we can close out the wind. My question: any idea if ducks truly dislike wind?

One of my concerns is the wind. We are @ 6,000 feet elevation so we have howling winds coming down from the mountains on a daily basis from fall to spring. It’s my understanding ducks dislike the wind so that’s why we went with tarps...so we can close out the wind. My question: any idea if ducks truly dislike wind?
Yes...Wind isn't a Ducks best friend..

Back
Top Bottom