DUCK FALLING OFF RAMPS

dragonfly31573

Songster
Mar 22, 2020
TOOELE, UT
So do I just have a super special duck or do all ducks need railings on ramps? I am afraid my male pekin is going to hurt himself. he always falls off the side of the ramp I made for the pool,and the one leading out of their house he also never makes it in to the pool I still have to pick him up and put him in. they are not steep at all, in fact the one from there house is level its just the door open laying flat onto a 4in ledge and he keeps walking off the side. they are about 5 weeks old ... do they eventually learn?

When my ducklings were little I did put boards along the edges of their ramps because they did fall off and I was worried they would hurt themselves. When they're full grown as long as the ramp isn't steep it will be fine. Mine now still often jump off midway down the ramp, but they're large enough it isn't a dangerous jump.

Can you post a picture of him standing? Does he have any problems walking. And a picture of the ramps your talking about. :welcome
He seems to walk fine I mean i pick up his lady and he runs after her lol. I can try posting pics, I cant seem to load them from my phone. I have to load it to my computer then to here idk i may be doing something wrong on the picture part from my phone but i will try getting some uploaded to my computer here in a bit. Maybe its me thats super special not Max lol.

Can you post a picture of him standing? Does he have any problems walking. And a picture of the ramps your talking about. :welcome
20200331_102003.jpg
20200331_101942.jpg
20200331_102654_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom