Duck feed

ducklings5405

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2020
I'm a bit confused about the different types of duck feeds. My ducklings are are 10 days old and currently eating starter crumbs. They can eat this for the first 4 weeks and then what comes next, grower feed? And then layer feed? I don't know what the names of the different stages of feed are and I don't know what age they start eating them. What is the difference between mash, pellets etc? Also apparently you change their feed based on whether or not they're in laying season?

I know I have just asked a lot of questions in one post but could someone please just list the different feeds I need to buy up until their adulthood. Thank you!

What brand are you feeding? Can you post a picture of the bag?

I'm currently feeding unmedicated chick food with a niacin supplement (brewers yeast).

Attachments

• 508934.jpg
    508934.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3
In theory you could feed that until they are ready to lay, then switch to a layer.
Oh really, even though it takes them 6 months to start laying? Will they be missing any nutrients? I still feed them vegetables and things on the side. Is 20% protein too much because it can cause angel wing

Back
Top Bottom