Duck feed

They need some niacin in their diets.

Purina duck food (expensive)
Purina flock raiser (expensive)
16% Chicken Layer feed + brewer's yeast
16% Chicken Layer + frozen peas
16% Chicken Layer alone

Probably in that order?

My ducks have tons of access to grass and bugs so they just get regular chicken layer food. The niacin requirement isn't as important when they are adults.

They need some niacin in their diets.

Purina duck food (expensive)
Purina flock raiser (expensive)
16% Chicken Layer feed + brewer's yeast
16% Chicken Layer + frozen peas
16% Chicken Layer alone

Probably in that order?

My ducks have tons of access to grass and bugs so they just get regular chicken layer food. The niacin requirement isn't as important when they are adults.
Oh thank you very much..
Tb i have them in a coop but i should get them to free range

Layer is for when they are older and laying age usually anywhere from 4.5 months to 5 months.
I don't have access to duck starter or reg feed here so I use Chick starter for ducklings with Nutritional yeast sprinkled over top 1Tab to each cup of feed I give.
once mine are laying age I switch them to layer.
An all flock is also a good way to go then you never have to change feed Just keep using it for their whole lives.
:welcome

Layer is for when they are older and laying age usually anywhere from 4.5 months to 5 months.
I don't have access to duck starter or reg feed here so I use Chick starter for ducklings with Nutritional yeast sprinkled over top 1Tab to each cup of feed I give.
once mine are laying age I switch them to layer.
An all flock is also a good way to go then you never have to change feed Just keep using it for their whole lives.
Soundsgood thank you

They're best locked up temporarily anyway, unless your area isn't experiencing highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI). The HP variant can more easily jump to waterfowl than chickens. All of the cases in my state so far have been from contact with waterfowl.
Oh thank you very much..
Tb i have them in a coop but i should get them to free range

I'd like to piggy back on this question. lol
My ducks are 7 & 8 wks old.
They actually prefer the chickens food & will eat it over their own food.

I have an All Flock 18% protein; would that work for them now? Should I just add brewer's yeast to it?

I'd like to piggy back on this question. lol
My ducks are 7 & 8 wks old.
They actually prefer the chickens food & will eat it over their own food.

I have an All Flock 18% protein; would that work for them now? Should I just add brewer's yeast to it?
Adding yeast is an option some take. I've never used yeast as I think you can overdose them and you have to actually meter it out. I think it's best to just buy several frozen bags or cans of peas.

You can also just google some plants in your area that will give them niacin or get some mealworms from the pet store, or even some nightcrawlers from the bait shop.

I've just always used peas. They won't care at first but they'll get crazy for them.

It's an option. I think it's best to just buy several bags or cans of peas. I've never used yeast as I think you can overdose them and you have to actually meter it out.

You can also just google some plants in your area that will give them niacin or some mealworms from the pet store.

I've just always used peas. They won't care at first but they'll get crazy for them.
They actually liked peas when I gave it to them earlier on. lol I just forget to get them some. I'm sure the chickens will love it too.
I'll just give them the chick starter/grower & add peas to their diet. lol

Back
Top Bottom