Duck feeders?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Corey NC, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    What type of feeders/waters do you use for your contained ducks? Pics are more than welcomed!
  2. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I use these nice flattish plastic bowls, the diameter of a feed bucket but only about 5" high. I'm out at the library or I'd go out back & get the exact measurements. They're sturdy & don't tip because they're squared off at the bottom. Just like a feed bucket, but much shorter. They also come in lots of groovy colors & are only $2.99 at my feed store.

I keep one half filled with feed and the other with drinking water, which they turn into duck soup within the hour. And I place them under plastic parson's tables to keep them out of the rain & sun.
  3. LV426

LV426 Chillin

Jul 16, 2008
    Dog food bowl.
    Their water is a 55 gallon water trough that is both water and bathtub.
  4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    I use the galvanized and the large plastic watering trofts made for cattle or horses. I hook up a pipe and ball valve to the drain on the troft and drain them and add fresh water every 3rd day. They work well for both a small pond and as a waterer. Feeders are made from 3" pvc pipe that I have cut a "v" at the bottom. Pour the feed in the top and it comes out the "v" as they eat. It is mounted to a 2 foot sq. peice of plywood and I just put the feed bucket over the top to keep out the rain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by