1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck feeders?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Corey NC, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    What type of feeders/waters do you use for your contained ducks? Pics are more than welcomed!

2. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I use these nice flattish plastic bowls, the diameter of a feed bucket but only about 5" high. I'm out at the library or I'd go out back & get the exact measurements. They're sturdy & don't tip because they're squared off at the bottom. Just like a feed bucket, but much shorter. They also come in lots of groovy colors & are only $2.99 at my feed store.

I keep one half filled with feed and the other with drinking water, which they turn into duck soup within the hour. And I place them under plastic parson's tables to keep them out of the rain & sun.

3. LV426

LV426 Chillin

Jul 16, 2008
    Dog food bowl.
    Their water is a 55 gallon water trough that is both water and bathtub.

4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    I use the galvanized and the large plastic watering trofts made for cattle or horses. I hook up a pipe and ball valve to the drain on the troft and drain them and add fresh water every 3rd day. They work well for both a small pond and as a waterer. Feeders are made from 3" pvc pipe that I have cut a "v" at the bottom. Pour the feed in the top and it comes out the "v" as they eat. It is mounted to a 2 foot sq. peice of plywood and I just put the feed bucket over the top to keep out the rain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by