duck fell and twisted its neck

tafinq

Hatching
Jun 20, 2023
So this happened quite a while ago, like a month or two ago, when my ducklings were still pretty young (not super young, they were in that stage where they were a little big). so back then my dad put the ducklings in big carboard boxes with grass and holes poked in them, and that arrangemnt was well because the ducklings were still small (but not super small) enough to fit in boxes.

so my brother and i were carrying the box with ducks inside it, and it required two people because by then the ducklings were heavy, also there were 15 ducklings in one giant box, so me and my brother were carrying them.

but my brother was thinking that i could lift it so he only carried his side of the box with one finger, so naturally the box fell onto the ground, and the ducklings spilled out.

then after a day i noticed one duckling had its neck in a wry neck way, like bent to its side. its neck didnt look broken, it looked like a wry neck, even though it was fine before, which prob meant that it fell and twisted its neck.

so its been like a month or two now, and the duckling is doing okay, its neck is still twisted to its side but it can eat and stuff, though its growing slower than the othe ducklings.

my dad fed it vitamin b complex and vitamin d for a few days, but its condition was still like that.

ive seen people say to euthansize a broken neck duckling, but idk if my duckling has a broken neck or if its just sprained, because it can still eat and stuff and is doing okay.

what should i do? is the neck curable with vitamins even though the duckling wasn't born with it but got it as an injury?

Back
Top Bottom