Duck fences

tia

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
I have a new shed for my ducks. I am going to keep them in there at night, but want to build a fence around it, so they can go outside in the day time if they like. Does anyone have pictures of their fences just to get some ideas. I will have to put a net over it here because we have lots of bald eagles in the area.

Since these pics we have extended their area big time. its probable about 50 feet by 30 feet for their outside living. Right now for at night we bring them in and put them in dog kennels.

Down the front

back side

Dont mind me standing there (graduation day lol) but behind me is the fenced in area on the back side better shot. I can however get new pics of what it looks like since we made it bigger. And just post them tomarrow. :p

^^
The fence here goes from around the side of the ducks cage around the trees and down the side of the dogs cage.

Hope this helps.

You can do a search for duck pens on here and see some that other have made. I would use 1/2 inch welded wire fencing to make it predator proof. Chicken wire is used to keep chickens in but not predators out. cs kotex is showing it in her second pic, it is a little more costly but is well worth it in the long run.

Sorry I don't have a picture of mine right now or I would post it.

I'm finding our ducklings to be AMAZING. What worked for the chickens is laughable to the ducks. They're houdinis!!! We have 2"x4" twisted wire fencing.

Back
Top Bottom