Duck foot swelling and scab—not sure that it’s Bumblefoot?

yukonbeck2020

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone! I’m new to raising ducks and need some help with my baby, Yukon Cornelius Quackington (Yukon for short!) I adore this baby and I’m so worried about him, and do not have a reliable avian vet in my area. The only one I have was extremely rude and unhelpful. I have attached a picture of the large swelling and black scab on the upper back part of his right foot. We have been treating it like Bumblefoot, soaking it in water, Epsom salts, and spraying with Theracyn daily. Miraculously, he even lets us bandage him! He is very calm and sweet, and has been behaving normally with his eating, drinking, and playing behaviors with his ladyfriend, Becky! Over the past couple of weeks, it still looks the exact same, except the scab has turned more brown and flat. We even tried surgery, and there was no telltale Bumblefoot “kernel,” and the same brown scab formed when it was over. My main concern is how swollen that area still is. Any advice on what this could be? Thanks so much!View attachment 2355562

That looks like bumble foot, not sure what else it could be.
I once had something like that on the foot of one of my meat turkeys, but it went away after a while.
Maybe someone with a little more wisdom could give their input?

Back
Top Bottom