Duck going back out side?

Tape

Chirping
Oct 20, 2020
Greetings,

One of my ducks recently got attacked by a fox. She initially was un able to eat and got an infection, but she is doing much much better now. We are getting pretty close to the point where she can go back out side. However, here in Colorado things are starting to get cold, and as I was explaining this to one of my friends they said that they had heard some where that if ducks were taken into an artificially heated environment for part of the winter, they needed to be heated for the rest of it. I have googled this and done some reading, and I haven't found a source that really says one way or the other if this is true. I'm wondering if there is anybody here who knows about this? Thanks!

Last week were were in low teens, but now our nights are just going to get to high thirties. Thanks for the advice!

Colorado here too.

This next week looks like it will be pretty decent. I would work on getting her back out during this next week.

I noticed that the last couple days my duckies have been staying in the shaded part of the run.

How long did she have to stay inside?

She has been inside for about a week and a half. I have been letting her out during the day, but taking her in at night. She does seem pretty ready to go back out though, and tonight the low is 46 degrees. Will it be ok if she stays out?

Greetings,

One of my ducks recently got attacked by a fox. She initially was un able to eat and got an infection, but she is doing much much better now. We are getting pretty close to the point where she can go back out side. However, here in Colorado things are starting to get cold, and as I was explaining this to one of my friends they said that they had heard some where that if ducks were taken into an artificially heated environment for part of the winter, they needed to be heated for the rest of it. I have googled this and done some reading, and I haven't found a source that really says one way or the other if this is true. I'm wondering if there is anybody here who knows about this? Thanks!
Can you acclimate her a little say to a garage or shed first ?

Back
Top Bottom