Duck got attacked by a dog! Help!

Hugotheduck

In the Brooder
Jan 1, 2023
My duck was flying around the estate like he does every day and a dog got him, he got attacked and is bleeding from his wing, his laying down with his head out straight and wings out the side with his heart beating REALLY fast! I don’t know if he’s gonna survive or not, his not even a year old. What do I do! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

My duck was flying around the estate like he does every day and a dog got him, he got attacked and is bleeding from his wing, his laying down with his head out straight and wings out the side with his heart beating REALLY fast! I don’t know if he’s gonna survive or not, his not even a year old. What do I do! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Is he still alive?
First things first, treat him for shock. If he's bleeding a lot, then hold a dry paper towel to the area until its stopped.
Then put the bird into a box, or dog crate, whatever you have to hand, keep him indoors in a dimly lit and warm room. And give him time to calm down.
Once he's lifting his head again, and has calmed a bit, you might try offering him water mixed with nutri drench, or electrolytes to get his energy levels back up a bit. I'm not sure what else you can do, I'll tag someone more knowledgeable.
@Miss Lydia

I'm wishing the best for your drake

Is he still alive?
First things first, treat him for shock. If he's bleeding a lot, then hold a dry paper towel to the area until its stopped.
Then put the bird into a box, or dog crate, whatever you have to hand, keep him indoors in a dimly lit and warm room. And give him time to calm down.
Once he's lifting his head again, and has calmed a bit, you might try offering him water mixed with nutri drench, or electrolytes to get his energy levels back up a bit. I'm not sure what else you can do, I'll tag someone more knowledgeable.
@Miss Lydia

I'm wishing the best for your drake
Thank you so much for the help, he has sadly passed away, but thank you.

Back
Top Bottom