Duck had seizures then died :'(

What kind of feed are they on? Just corn and bugs or do they have another kind? If it's just free range and corn and stuff I'd recommend finding euther a layer feed or all flock feed. Probably an all flock since you also have roosters and ducks and then just give calcium via free choice oyster shell or similar for the layers. Free range can work but sometimes it doesn't and in your case it may not be. Plus it's nice knowing its a complete feed and all the nutrients are in there. Nutrena makes an All Flock as well as another similar kind i cant remember the name of atm but ones nature wise or nature smart and ones country feed lines, and purina makes one called flock raiser. Both are good but I'm going to be buying nutrena. I'd highly recommend buying feed, it's not too too much either especially compared to all the organic stuff out there.

If you already have them on a feed then feel free to ignore this and sorry

They are on cracked corn & oyster shells. They don't really eat the oyster shells though. I guess because they have rocks, glass, etc to eat too. They definitely can't just eat whatever because I really think thats what killed them. I make sure they have cracked corn now. I need to find something to fatten my hen duck up. She's so tiny but always has been. She was the smallest out of the flock. I will write that down and get some. I will happily take any suggestions :)

Ahh okay. Yeah that makes sense! I think the oyster shell is more for calcium than anything and the rocks, glass, all that help grind food but I'm sure the oyster shell helps with that too and maybe they find calcium elsewhere too or aren't laying much? I'd keep it out though. But yeah, I, sadly, really think it may have been :( I would definitely find some and pick some up? Do you have any tractor supply company or Agway around? They'd probably have it. Any all flock type thing should work and if no one has that then chick starter/grower is basically the same thing but make sure it's not medicated. Definitely try to find some All Flock or Flock Raiser though :)

Yes, we have a tractor supply. That's where I go to get my feed and stuff. I will look the next time I go to get feed. So much work for them lol! I love them though and they are so tame, especially my Rhode Island red rooster lol.

I would definitely check there!! Not sure if TSC has the nutrena version but i know they do have some nutrena stuff and the purina version :) and awww that's amazing the roo is so tame!

Help! My beloved female "alfro" had problems walking. We brought her in a washed her with warm water and I checked her all over. Within the hr she started having seizures one after another and within 10min of that she was dead. We balled like babies because we had her from a hatchling. They are free range and we don't have any chemicals at all around. What could have happened?! Also her little male friend is now acting depressed and doesn't follow our other ducks. Should I find him a friend or let him grieve? I know I should crazy but my ducks are my babies lol. I also have chickens and they are fine....even my Rhode Island rooster that thinks he's a cat (loves to get pet and help and eating cat food)
the exact thing happened to my three ducklings but we never found the cause of their death all we knew was that they had seizures before they died.

Back
Top Bottom