Duck hatch-a-long october/november!!!!!! come join!

Mine are in lockdown... I have three that have brown|orange beads coming out of them. Does anybody know what this is? It happened after dropping a little water on them without meaning to. The smell isn't strong at all, (from what I've seen, it's supposed to smell a little bad) I don't know if they are rotten by smelling. I was just going to wait until day 23 and then pitch the ones that didn't come out. Anybody know

If they are oozing that means they are rotten, throw them out before they explode.

Haven't been on in a while, been really busy. My guineas hatched and I have 39. Today the power went out to the building where my incubators are at. I'm not sure how long it has been out. It has rained a lot the last few days so think that has something to do with it. Not sure what I am going to do. Right now I have them in my truck because it is the warmest place right now. It seems to be about 92 in there so I hope they do well. Not sure what I will do tonight when it gets cooler. I do have a fridge bator in the house but the thermostat went out. Not sure what I will do.

Haven't been on in a while, been really busy. My guineas hatched and I have 39. Today the power went out to the building where my incubators are at. I'm not sure how long it has been out. It has rained a lot the last few days so think that has something to do with it. Not sure what I am going to do. Right now I have them in my truck because it is the warmest place right now. It seems to be about 92 in there so I hope they do well. Not sure what I will do tonight when it gets cooler. I do have a fridge bator in the house but the thermostat went out. Not sure what I will do.

Are you talking about with the hatchlings????

Or with eggs still waiting to hatch??

If you are talking about not knowing what to do with the hatchlings just put them in your brooder. If you don't have a brooder get a tank/storage tub/cage or whatever you have for them and get a heat lamp.

Walmart has them in the DIY section for $10-12 heat bulb about $6

I have 25 Indian Runner/Welsh Harlequin eggs in the incubator right now. With a few possibly being pure Indian Runner, I started collecting about a week after changing the drakes so ... Put them in on the 25th. Candled yesterday, 16 have definite veins and other "parts", 4 more look like they are developing, I see a red spot but no veins yet, and 5 look like they never started. The 5 are sitting off to one side right now though, I'll give them a few more days before tossing them.

I have a question about lock down. I purchased some chicken eggs on BYC that were scheduled to be shipped last Monday. Which is why I put the duck eggs in when I did, to give them a 1 week head start so everyone would go into lock down at the same time. The seller said they didn't have enough and scheduled to ship them yesterday (Wed) but I haven't heard from them since Tues so I don't know if they have been shipped or not. At this point I'm thinking they won't get here until the weekend or even next week. I only have the one incubator, if I get them started what are the chances of them hatching if they go into lock down with the ducks, which would be 2-3 days before they should. Or if I delay lock down with the ducks 1 day?

I have 25 Indian Runner/Welsh Harlequin eggs in the incubator right now.  With a few possibly being pure Indian Runner, I started collecting about a week after changing the drakes so ...  Put them in on the 25th.  Candled yesterday, 16 have definite veins and other "parts", 4 more look like they are developing, I see a red spot but no veins yet, and 5 look like they never started.  The 5 are sitting off to one side right now though, I'll give them a few more days before tossing them.

I have a question about lock down.  I purchased some chicken eggs on BYC that were scheduled to be shipped last Monday.  Which is why I put the duck eggs in when I did, to give them a 1 week head start so everyone would go into lock down at the same time.  The seller said they didn't have enough and scheduled to ship them yesterday (Wed) but I haven't heard from them since Tues so I don't know if they have been shipped or not.  At this point I'm thinking they won't get here until the weekend or even next week.  I only have the one incubator, if I get them started what are the chances of them hatching if they go into lock down with the ducks, which would be 2-3 days before they should.  Or if I delay lock down with the ducks 1 day? 

What kind of bator is it? I have a reptipro and I incubate several different batches at once in it.

Are you hand rotating or turner?

What kind of bator is it? I have a reptipro and I incubate several different batches at once in it.

Are you hand rotating or turner?

It's a Hovabator, started out hand turning and after about 3 days of that said forget it and bought a turner :) Just installed it last night and everyone is happily tilting back and forth.

When you incubate different batches to they have different lock down dates? Or do you not do a lock down or ?? I could go to hand turning later and only turn the ones that need it, or take half the rails out and let the chicken eggs keep turning while they ducks are hatching. My only concern with that would be the different amounts of humidity required at different times in the process.

Back
Top Bottom