Duck Heights

Oddyse

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Bristol
Does anyone know the average height that a khaki cambell female will get, I only ask because im building a run for them and wanna do it high enough for when they grow up!
hide.gif
Thanks guys . PS sorry about all the posts!
duc.gif

3FT! WOW, I didnt expect to have make it that tall, the run I have already, which im building an extension for is only about 1.5FT! Will this be too small then? I really hope not, or thats alot of money wasted.
he.gif

I have a run on the garden 10' X 10' , then a walk way to a pond, also 10' X 10'. They have free roam of the garden during the day ( Garden is massive) But I will keep them in their run at night. So you think its not high enough for them then? How many inches High do Cambells grow?
idunno.gif

Quote:
What sort of fencing have you used for the run. If the run is low like that there is more chance of somehting climbing ontp of the run and hauling your babies thru to kill them aswell...specialy if you used chicken wire

I may have been wrong with my height!
he.gif
, Just measured it and its 26"!
ep.gif
, I remember the foot rulers in school being huge, and as I have grown up , the rulers have gotten bigger in my head too, if you understand what I mean
fl.gif
. So I under estimated it a bit then! So yeah. . . its just over 2'. Il give them time to grow and if I think they are a little cramped in height wise, I could always make it higher for them. My little duckies are my world so I have no problem making them happy and comfortable, just means more time watching them playing around and eating EVERYTHING!
clap.gif

The ducks have a big house to stay in at night, which I will probably lock them into, but the chicken wire used is the small square stuff so it will be hard for anything to get in. And the tunnel is the same size as the run itself, the pond section is super high though! About 4 ' I think.

Back
Top Bottom