Duck help

Haleekb

Chirping
Jun 26, 2021
My Drake is over a year old and my Daffodil is about 3 months old, I just put them in the same pen where all of our animals go do you think it’s too early? They stick together and I havnt noticed any violence toward her!

They should be fine together as long as you have 3-6 females for every 1 drake and enough space. If you want them to breed, that's way too young and the male needs to " relieve stress " with older and more mature females. The young female might be hurt and stressed by the male mounting and mating multiple times throughout the day. I would suggest getting more females for the male and waiting for the young one to be older :)

Last edited:
Females should be at least laying age before being with a drake. anywhere from 4.5 to 5 months of age so he isn't breeding her too soon and her female equipment isn't mature.
What are all your other animals?

Females should be at least laying age before being with a drake. anywhere from 4.5 to 5 months of age so he isn't breeding her too soon and her female equipment isn't mature.
What are all your other animals?
Ok awesome! I have chicks the same age and 3 lambs

Drakes are not always tolerant of young birds and can injure or kill them so watch your drake with your chicks, And if he is sexually mature he may even try to breed your chicks which would most likely be a death sentence.
Lambs are so precious :love

Back
Top Bottom