Duck herding how i do it.

bluejeans

Songster
7 Years
Jul 25, 2012
New Mexico
I do a bit of duck herding from pen to pen or from pond to duck house. Any thing long works a 20 foot Joint of pvc 3/4 inch works well for me ,it makes your arm span that long to guide them in with. I even slap the pond with it to get them out also ..For Little ducklings its nice to have some 8 to ten inch wide and 4-10 foot long boards set on their long sided edge to make a path with. You will also need some stakes to hammer in ground so boards do not fall over . With Juve or adult ducks a dog that knows and obeys the commands lay down sit and "stay" can be a big help also . a dog that does not obey your commands it just turns into a rodeo. And your better off herding ducks with out their help.

I wonder how one of these buzzing around would herd the ducks or chickens.???
drone-for-kids-3dr-solo-drone-quadcopter.jpg

Just an Idea.

We've got two new girls for a total of nine, and I'm pretty used to going into the coop with peas or tomatoes, calling "HEY DUCKS" and they all run in yelling and pushing for treats. But the two girls are just not quite there yet, which means "HEY DUCKS" works for seven, and then the better half has to slow-chase the girls in with us. They're getting there, though.

I just let mine out at 8:30am they swim and free range all day in the evening they just hear "Its time to go to bed" and they put themselves up. That's where my chickens came in real handy in the conditioning process after they were finished off in the raising process in a separated area in view of the chickens they bonded then were put together and every evening when the chickens went to bed the ducks followed...done although my hens have been a wee bit naughty since they have started laying the still go to bed with a little urging of my voice :woot

Back
Top Bottom