Duck home litter box???

DuckLover179

Waddles & Puddles
9 Years
Nov 28, 2010
California
Could a duck live in this, with no litter just the plastic, to work as a dog house???

http://www.petco.com/product/110669...ooda Clean Step Litter Box in Titanium-110669

Thanks!
smile.png

It's a cute little thing, but I do agree it will be hard to clean - even with the hose, the duck is gonna poo everywhere so it'll need a good scrub!

Okay, thank you! I will be looking into how this will work. We already have some for our cats, and they are defiantly big enough for 2 pekins!
smile.png

It does look a little small to me- I know my ducks do like to move around a bit at night. Also Duckies can produce a lot of humidity in a small area just from breathing. Using something so small and enclosed- you could combat that by putting a few small holes into the dome for air transfer. Only small holes though- or it wont protect them from the cold. It may take them a little time to feel comfortable to walk into it themselves- the step over the top of the ramp could be a problem for them .

Last edited:
We have a Petco right by our house, I think this would definitely be something to look into for my baby girls when they start laying and extra shelter for outside. Especially my special needs girl, she needs a ramp to get into shelters and litter boxes on 1 foot with tracking. If it's 50% bigger then the average litter box it should be big enough.

Back
Top Bottom