Duck house / run

We keep six large breed ducks at the moment, and our duckhouse is 4'x8' with an attached 12'x8' run. The duckhouse is elevated, so we in essence gave a 16'x8' run, but we have the area under the dudkhouse set-up so that it can be closed off in case we need to keep a bird separate from the rest of the flock. Our entire run is covered with a shingle roof, and I would not want it any other way. In the winter, we put 6mm plastic over three sides (leaving the southeast side open). We use a 2' predator apron around the run, and it has worked great.
Awesome!!!! Thank you!!!

Also.... is 1/2 x 1/2 pvc coated welded wire good? I don’t need 1/4x 1/4 correct ??

Awesome!!!! Thank you!!!

Also.... is 1/2 x 1/2 pvc coated welded wire good? I don’t need 1/4x 1/4 correct ??
You bet!

We used 1/2 uncoated hardware cloth.

duckhouse comfrey.jpg

Wow- that is huge !!!! I hope my will be good to start !!
Maybe I’ll add another 64 sq feet! Sounds like yours is nice and big!!!
Sounds lovely !!

It is pretty big. :thRoofing it was a pain in the butt.

You are getting great answers to your other questions so I will get back to work.
Putting in a shade pergola for the Malamutes.

I guess it depends on where you live too. I have no idea where the OP is and I see that most everyone that has responded lives where it snows which could make a difference about putting a roof on a structure.

I don't live where it snows and don't really see a need for a solid roof over my whole run. I do have parts of it covered with a tin roof so they can get out of bad weather and wind. I use tarps in the summer to give them some extra shade especially over their pools.

Back
Top Bottom