Duck identification attempt #2

spencedasavage

Chirping
May 16, 2020
Birmingham, AL
Earlier on, I posted about the types of ducks I had, and was able to identify one of three (Blue Swedish,) and the other was already known. Now that they are a bit older, I am trying to figure out what the last one is. I am 99% sure it is a female, and I can provide additional information and images if needed. Right now I think maybe a silver Swede, or some type of Swedish duck, but I wanted others opinion. Thanks!
1592684394744.jpeg

1592684429359.jpeg

The eye screams swedish but the bib is tiny. If it is a blue swedish the bib is pretty unique and really cool. I don't know what else to put down as a guess.
As a note the highlighted side/wing feather is typical for swedish. They do tend to hide it well though.

Just as a side note I noticed those colored feathers only on one side? It doesn’t show well in the photo but they do have a greenish tint similar to Cayuga feathers.
My black swedish duck had green/blue stripes similar to a mallard girl but they could be tough to see like a cayuga. The blue swedish has them but they're VERY hidden comparatively. I doubt I could get the detail on camera.

My black swedish duck had green/blue stripes similar to a mallard girl but they could be tough to see like a cayuga. The blue swedish has them but they're VERY hidden comparatively. I doubt I could get the detail on camera.
I guess I got one weird duck! Once she starts laying eggs I guess I’ll be able to tell more accurately if she is a mix but I’ll come back to this thread to let you know!

Back
Top Bottom