duck identification???

lullabee

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 3, 2013
sooo my auntie took this baby home today, she saw it at the local duck pond being attacked by all the others. it's incredibly tame and completely unlike all the other ducks there... sometimes people dump their unwanted pets there (there's a lone runner duck and some sort of larger duck that i haven't seen), so i'm thinking that's what happened to this one??

my first thought was that it was a mallard/call duck cross of some sort, or just a mallard cross, but its feet/legs and beak are so unlike either of these birds so i'm really confused?

hehe also, i'm autistic and one of my special interests is ducks (well, Anseriformes in general), so i've memorised nearly every duck breed to the best of my knowledge so this is incredibly frustrating!!

i'm, picking it up tomorrow, so i'll be able to see it better in person and hopefully it'll be a bit more obvious? :/ and i suppose if i still can't work it out then it'll moult in a few months, which will help! juveniles are always tricky to identify.

Will you be taking it home as a pet? I love my Scovy's they are very cool ducks.
welcome-byc.gif

I am loving my runners and buffs, Miss Lydia, and there is not enough room to run separate flocks - I am concerned about the size difference - but wow, I have seen a few Muscovies that just melt my little heart....

Maybe someday, if we get a bigger place . . .

dream, dream, dream
smile.png

I am loving my runners and buffs, Miss Lydia, and there is not enough room to run separate flocks - I am concerned about the size difference - but wow, I have seen a few Muscovies that just melt my little heart....

Maybe someday, if we get a bigger place . . .

dream, dream, dream
smile.png
I know exactly what your saying A, I have admired Runners for years but I know unless I did major fencing here I can't have them with these big drakes I have so I dream too, and look at pics of yours and everyone else that has them.

Back
Top Bottom