Duck Incubation!

Verl

Chirping
Aug 24, 2017
Hi my duckling friends!

We are attempting our number 2 hatch of runner ducks in the incubator. First one was a terrible hatch rate, and I am just not sure what went wrong!
Hoping for 50-55% humidity during the first 3 weeks. Debating on hand turning instead of using the auto turner. Should I mist? Or no mist?
Any advice/recommendations from experience? I have 18 eggs and hoping for a great hatch this time. If I had a broody right now, I would use her, but she is busy with chicks!

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
Hi my duckling friends!

We are attempting our number 2 hatch of runner ducks in the incubator. First one was a terrible hatch rate, and I am just not sure what went wrong!
Hoping for 50-55% humidity during the first 3 weeks. Debating on hand turning instead of using the auto turner. Should I mist? Or no mist?
Any advice/recommendations from experience? I have 18 eggs and hoping for a great hatch this time. If I had a broody right now, I would use her, but she is busy with chicks!
Please give us more information on what happened to the first hatch. Where they clears, did they die at the same time. How many hatched out of what was set, shipped eggs?

I hope this hatch goes better but I would lower the humidity to 45% and verify the temperature in the incubator

Top Bottom