Duck is not acting right

goslingluv

Songster
May 16, 2018
SW Idaho
My duck is acting very odd for the past few days very withdrawn not quacking not coming for peas just really down shes even walking slow and just off no injuries no bumble foot nothing but something definitely wrong ive seen her nibble at a little food and drink water but what could be wrong her crop doesnt look any more full than usual so i dont know id maybe it backed up or not but she hasnt made any noise in a couple days and last time i heard her it seemed weezy or extra raspy but now she completely silent.

Shes not wheezing anymore but she keep flinching her tail and her wings, i felt for a stuck egg but couldnt find one her vent looked totally normal. But she has all the symptoms of being egg bound but without a swollen tummy and no obvious egg...

@Miss Lydia is right! I have one girl that gets egg bound a lot and I've never once been able to feel an egg but the calcium gluconate really works great and I'm not 100% sure but I doubt it can do any harm even if she's not egg bound.

What breed of duck is she? I've got runners and when they get bound up their butts drag the ground but I'm not sure how other breeds would act.

Im going to try calcium, she does seem better today i have to go egg hunting since shes free range. She is a cayuga. Its hard to explain but the look on her face is even different if that makes since i know it sounds crazy but... We have had a rough go this summer from bumblefoot surgery to this and now my drake just went lame im assuming another goat head mishap gosh....

Back
Top Bottom