Duck labored breathing

I would finish the baytril just for the bumblefoot. It helps a lot. Then I would switch to the doxycycline.

For doxy this is the dosage I use. I would need to double check when I was at home, but I believe you can do a slightly higher dosage, so if you round it up it should be ok.
50mg/kg twice a day for 3-5 days.
Dissolve 100mg in 2mL of water.

I forgot to mention I try not putting drugs in drinking water. There is too much of a chance to not get a proper dosage. I always go orally for a more accurate dosage.

I would finish the baytril just for the bumblefoot. It helps a lot. Then I would switch to the doxycycline.

For doxy this is the dosage I use. I would need to double check when I was at home, but I believe you can do a slightly higher dosage, so if you round it up it should be ok.
Thank you so much!!

I know typically we never stop antibiotics early but honestly I'm not loving how she's been breathing since yesterday. Which is why I thought of doing both antibiotics together, but I'm not sure if that would be okay.

In any case, I just gave her the Baytril like 2h ago so the doxy will wait at least until tonight. So if you don't mind double checking the dosage when you can, I'd really appreciate it. 😊

Thank you so much!!

I know typically we never stop antibiotics early but honestly I'm not loving how she's been breathing since yesterday. Which is why I thought of doing both antibiotics together, but I'm not sure if that would be okay.

In any case, I just gave her the Baytril like 2h ago so the doxy will wait at least until tonight. So if you don't mind double checking the dosage when you can, I'd really appreciate it. 😊
They can sometimes go on two antibiotics, but you would want a vet to confirm. But it can cause bloating or other issues. I would definitely recommend probiotics. I know some feed comes with probiotics.

They can sometimes go on two antibiotics, but you would want a vet to confirm. But it can cause bloating or other issues. I would definitely recommend probiotics. I know some feed comes with probiotics.
Good point.

I bought the save a chick probiotics. Mixed with the electrolytes mix and have been offering it along with the water, as well as giving her some "extra" via syringe when I give her the Baytril.

Good point.

I bought the save a chick probiotics. Mixed with the electrolytes mix and have been offering it along with the water, as well as giving her some "extra" via syringe when I give her the Baytril.
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The dosage for doxy is correct

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The dosage for doxy is correct
Thank you!

We actually just gave her the first dose. I hope I calculated it right, because it's a powder.

It's 5mg in a tsp / 1.25mg in 1/4 tsp
The duck is 6lbs, so I calculated roughly 275mg needed
I diluted 1/4 tsp in 10ml of water, for a total of 1,250mg (about 5 doses) and gave her 2ml of the mixture.

Does that make sense to you? I don't have a way to accurately measure less than 1/4 tsp....

And thank you for getting back to me! ❤️

PXL_20220819_161903720.jpg

Sorry, that is all I had time to respond to earlier. Hopefully this all makes sense. I tried to write it all out.

View attachment 3229163
Thank you so much! It makes perfect sense.

I originally did the math thinking of the mix, and it wasn't until I mixed it that I thought of the concentration. But I was running late so I gave her the weaker dose just to give her something.

I just adjusted to the proper one, and this was really helpful!! Thank you so much. She's back to labored breathing, so I'm praying she'll be better by tomorrow.🙏🏻💕

Back
Top Bottom