Duck making a high pitch quacking noise?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tatswell, Aug 5, 2013.

1. tatswell

tatswell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2013
    Southern New England
    Hi hi-

I have two female ducks about 7.5 weeks old. One of them is making a high pitch quacking noise- sounds like a screech/ hiccup.
    I only found this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQikTmPNRFQ If you scroll to 1:40 that is the sound she makes. Since the title is "Asper Cough" I am worried it is aspergillosis.
    She does not look or act sick, she still quacks normally but she has been making this sound occasionally the past week.

I am curious- Is this sound only in those with aspergillosis? Or is it normal for ducks to make this sound sometimes?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Have you made sure their bedding is free of mold? Ducks can make alot of different noises so if other than the occasional weird quack and all looks well and they are kept in clean environment then she is probably okay. Best to keep a wathcful eye though. also add some unpasterized ACV in their drinking water just for good health. 1 Tab to 1 gallon of water. and [​IMG]

3. kari1981

kari1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2014
    did you ever find out what was wrong? My pekin has been coughing like this and Im worried

4. mmmcdonald

mmmcdonald New Egg

Jul 4, 2015
    Anchorage, AK
    Did either of you find out what it was? I have two ducks making this noise right now..

5. mmmcdonald

mmmcdonald New Egg

Jul 4, 2015
    Anchorage, AK
    What happened to your ducks, Tatswell? Mine is doing it too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by