Duck missing a LOT of feathers how to keep warm

Sounds like she is on the mend. Which is awesome. As we all know drakes climb onto their girls backs to mate. So you def want to keep them from mating which means supervised visits only. Which sounds like you have got that started. Might be a good time to look for a few more females so your drakes will have more girls to love on.

She had a checkup today and is healing nicely with no sign of infection. She can't get her stitches out until Monday. She REALLY misses bathing though. Especially since she's sticky from all the honey I had to slather on her back every day.
It's been warm and dry enough to let her outside in her own area during the day. Still sleeping inside at night. Also hasn't laid any more eggs. I assume that's because all her energy is being used for healing.
She's getting a little spoiled lol. Expecting earthworms and tomatoes all the time. 😂

Poor baby! I am so glad she is healing well! One of my Rouens was attacked by a fox, she spent 6 weeks inside. The rest of the flock would call to her, and her poor sister was very lonely, we can relate here.
Ill be following along now, would love some pictures as she comes along!

She had a sad day of not getting to go out because of the rain. I tried to let her out while there was a lull but she was starting to get muddy so I had to bring her in. She just kept quacking for her boys. 😞

She is much better! She got her stitches out on Monday and the vet says everything healed beautifully! She's got some feathers to still grow back but she was cleared to bathe and get dirty! 😁 She looks so much better now that she's clean! She can go outside and vet said not to worry about the temperature as long as she was used to it before she will be fine in it. But she still should stay away from the drakes for another week. So she's outside in her own area for the day and inside at night so she won't be in the duck house with the boys.
This is her outside!

Attachments

• 20211222_091501_HDR.jpg
    20211222_091501_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom