Duck nutrition and habitat questions

I'm using mannapro duckling/gosling starter grower. It's 35mg niacin per pound. I read that 3 week old pekings eat about a third of a pound per day which reaches the requirement. Should I still add the niacin supplement? It's 500mg tablets, and I know the powder inside of them isn't an exact mix and I'm afraid of giving too much

I'm using mannapro duckling/gosling starter grower. It's 35mg niacin per pound. I read that 3 week old pekings eat about a third of a pound per day which reaches the requirement. Should I still add the niacin supplement? It's 500mg tablets, and I know the powder inside of them isn't an exact mix and I'm afraid of giving too much
You can just feed them the duckling feed and not add any niacin Or you can be proactive and use the niacin to keep a niacin deficiency from happening. A lot of times even using niacin they can still come down with a deficiency, Maybe they aren't utilizing the niacin in their feed but also after they process this feed how much nutrients are left many vitamins are destroyed by heat. I am not sure how feed is actually processed. I've never used straight niacin I have always used Nutritional yeast still do. One nice thing about niacin is it is water soluable and what their body doesn't use they will pee out.
This is interesting and they do use heat. https://www.chickenfeedmachinery.com/poultry-feed-manufacturing-process/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom