Duck out of nowhere having trouble walking

Can you take a video of the walking? You would have to upload it via you tube or vimeo or another media like that and the post here. It almost sounds like he just isn't used to the grass.
I've used long sticks (broom handle) to guide my ducks into places where they need to go. They don't like being cooped at night, but it's the safest option. You can also use a flashlight and guide them by keeping it behind them. Of course that only works at night. Some also use mealworms to entice their ducks into the duck house. My only concern with that is that I figure they need a drink after eating (even a small amount) and I don't keep water in their house.
Is the ramp high off the ground? Is it wide enough? Pics would help.
Hey! I’ll get all of that tomorrow for you. They go over to it but run the other way. They don’t understand it I don’t think.

Hey! I’ll get all of that tomorrow for you. They go over to it but run the other way. They don’t understand it I don’t think.
It takes awhile to learn. I just acquired runner ducks, so far they are pretty easy to herd when in the run. Not out in the yard with no obstacles though - they run straight away from you. I've learned my lesson on that.
If you can close off access, it helps when trying to herd them in.

Is your drake a Jumbo Pekin? might be that is why he's having trouble with his legs. It's hard enough on the Large breeds but Jumbos bless their hearts. Hopefully getting him on the B complex will get him going again.
How'd they do last night with going inside.

Hey @Miss Lydia - same duck. Out of nowhere he is now having what seems to be a balance/neurological issue. He was fine. I don’t know what happened. His head kinda does circles. He eats drinks. Gets in pool. What could it be and what can we do to help? Is there an eye infection maybe causing. I noticed this. Sending video and pic. Please help!! Urgent!

Attachments

• 3F78E11F-9EFF-4140-BB4E-C56C3643417F.jpeg
    3F78E11F-9EFF-4140-BB4E-C56C3643417F.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
I just responded to your new post. Sometimes it's better just to find the old one and update. Did you start the duck on niacin?
Like I responded on the other thread, the eye is most likely foamy eye. Just make sure it has clean water to dip its head in to rinse daily.

Sorry It's taking me a while to see these my dh is in the hospital.

@furbabies86 is your duck still on the niacin? liquid B complex? I'd also get some vit E capsules and open one up and squeeze over his feed. Do this and lets see if it helps. along with the B complex.
I don't know how long you had him on the liquid B complex but you can't stop as soon as you see improvement. They need to stay open at least a week after you see them completely improved

Sorry It's taking me a while to see these my dh is in the hospital.

@furbabies86 is your duck still on the niacin? liquid B complex? I'd also get some vit E capsules and open one up and squeeze over his feed. Do this and lets see if it helps. along with the B complex.
I don't know how long you had him on the liquid B complex but you can't stop as soon as you see improvement. They need to stay open at least a week after you see them completely improved
Hey sorry about hospital. We started putting this in their water. Since yesterday sending pic. Will this help or am I to put the vitamin B complex instead. Do you know how much I should put in water??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 1
I just responded to your new post. Sometimes it's better just to find the old one and update. Did you start the duck on niacin?
Like I responded on the other thread, the eye is most likely foamy eye. Just make sure it has clean water to dip its head in to rinse daily.
Please see response below with pictures to miss Lydia do also have this I just need to know how much to put in their water it’s hard to put in their food as there is six of them I am running to get a syringe now but please let me know how much I can put in their water

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 1
It’s odd because it seems like almost neurological it just came out of nowhere it is the same guy that had the trouble walking at first on the grass when we put him outside but then he was fine and then I noticed yesterday he had a wobbly head and he just has really off-balance almost like it’s his equilibrium and away the way his balance is off and so I wasn’t sure if it was something different than just the deficiency but as soon as you guys let me know how much I can put in the water I’m gonna try that and see if there’s any improvement

Back
Top Bottom