Duck owner.. my ducks are eating my parents' flowers

Sashimi

Hatching
Sep 25, 2022
I figured ducks and chickens are similar enough...

I own ducks in the city because I have a fairly large backyard.

BUT they're not just eating the food pellets!! They're eating my parents' leaves and plants sometimes! Sometimes going for the roots too.
Is there something I can plant that will deter them from nibbling or turn their attention elsewhere??? They've destroyed a carpet of weeds - and that's fine, but the growth is not keeping up with the eating and they will eventually move on.

Add a small fence or something to block them it's normal for ducks to want to eat the plants my chickens don't spare any plant they will eat everything but I wouldn't use any animal deterants because they usually contain stuff that might harm you ducks if they are around them a lot

The whole garden is this kinda stuff, like roses, except for the back half, which is very far away for them. So I would like to do something like just redirect them or grow a weed in their area that just grows a lot y'know? Does that make sense at all

My only success in keeping flowering plants in the yard is by putting up fairly cheap woven wire fencing or chicken wire. My ducks are all runners, so 2-foot fencing keeps them away from the plants.

Back
Top Bottom