Duck Pen

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Muscovies, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone have any plans for building a pen for muscovies I will have about 20-30 muscovies also how big of a shelter do I need to build to put them in at night?

Could you post pictures of your pens and shelters.

Thanks

2. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Don't have any recent pics of my set up but here is what I do for my 5 muscovies as well as a trio of brown chinese and a pr. of appleyard ducks. I have them in a huge pen probably 25 ft. wide by 75 ft long..
    I used cattle panel with T- posts and then ran some small garden fencing around the insides to deter critters..Used hog rings to attach the garden fencing securely.
    I have scrub cedars for summer shade and to get under for the snow and rain during the daytime.
    Right now we have freezing temps. so they have a 45 gallon rubber trough which is heated with submersible heater.. It is shallow and they can easily stand beside it and sip the water. I have a large feed pan that I fill each morning..
    At night they are run into a 8 ft. by 8 ft. barn which used to house chickens. The roosts come in handy cause my muscovies will roost on them.....
    Males will not try to fly out of the pen and rarely does a hen even try to. This makes for a secure pen and no need to place netting over it....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by