Duck poo

anmog

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 26, 2013
OK so here's a question about duck poo. My feathered friends are about 6 weeks old this week. The chickens are Having regular poo but I think one of the ducks have runny poop like diarrhea. Should I try to get them separated until it becomes harder? The grit I have sends bigger so I didn't put it in there this past few days. It was like small granite rocks mana pro makes it. They looked big and I didn't know if it would hurt them or not. I was scared it might choke them. I have pro biotic and have no idea where the kids put it. I will look for it today. During the night they sleep in a coop. Ducks on bottom, chicken sleep on the second floor. During the day we put in a pen that we move to a different location every day so to have fresh grass. I have a rabbit I put in there too. Could the hay for the rabbit be making the ducks sick? It's alfalfa. I noticed them trying to eat it. I'm in the process of building a rabbit enclosure on the back of the coop because they are easier to clean and to maybe eventually separate them from the ducks. The idea right now is to give then ask a safe place to pay and grow.

I finally trained our puppy to be around them and not try to play or approach them. He's a border collie lab mix that we rescued in November and who is 4 1/2 months old. We can finally let them out of the coop to make their way to the pen without worrying about the dog. The cats have never been an issue. We have two. So anyway... I want to free range the chickens when they are big enough and let the ducks use our ponds in front of the house and just call everyone in at night. Until then, there's the pen.

If I find out the duck that's got the diarrhea should I keep them in the coop until it's cleared?

Last edited:
Update: I have everyone in the pen, they have grit and they have probiotic water. But the ducks keep drinking from the rabbits water bottle and the rabbit tries you eat their food. I had to raise up the food so the rabbit can't reach it. I threw in some aquatic plants in there today to give then some needed nutrients to help off they need it to help fight whatever off.

Back
Top Bottom