Duck Pool Filtration System

FunQuail

Songster
Sep 23, 2018
Kansas
Hello,
I was wondering, what have you all used for a filter for your duck pools? How big for 8 ducks should a pool be?
Thank you,
Kelly

I have 6 ducks and got them a regular sized plastic kiddie pool. 3-4 can smush in there at once. I ended up getting them a bigger deeper one which all 6 can fit into of they want (i have since put the smaller one back in due to winter being around the xorner where i live). I use a little pump (like what you would have for a boat or a smaller area that got flooded) to drain the water daily or every other day. Come winter when the pump and the hose freezes i resort to manual labor and bail it out- which is why they get the smaller pool come winter. It works well for me and my set up since i have a large yard to run the hose out to and can move around so one area doesnt become too saturated and their run is close enough to my barn to run an extention cord out to. Its a fairly cheap set up.

Hello,
I was wondering, what have you all used for a filter for your duck pools? How big for 8 ducks should a pool be?
Thank you,
Kelly
I recently saw a setup where the guy had rigged a pump to pickup the water from the pool and pipe it up into a suspended bucket that had holes drilled in the bottom to make a shower. He had a metal screen inside to filter out debris and yuckies. I haven't tried it but it's on my wish list. I love the idea of a multi purpose duck shower :D

Back
Top Bottom