Duck pools cleaning ideas

Well if you have to leave it there put a few plants or trees just outside the fence that will appreciate the drink. Do not dump out back in your pen... Or grab some sod and place it where you dump. It's been a struggle for us all. My yards a mud pit. I'm waiting for fall to recreate some spaces with plants.. Walkways.. And sod!! Good luck..I often have to rock mine too dump out because it's so heavy
Lol our coop and run are backed up to the woods so I dug me a little "trench" and it flows thru the trench into the woods! 👍🏼😂 My husband thought I was crazy til I showed him it worked lol. I start out draining with a pipe drainer I saw someone somewhere on here post that their son made. I used too small of pipe so it's a slow drain but once it gets below the top of the pipe it loses its suction but by then it's light enough for me to lift and dump on into the trench lol. Works pretty good but all this rain has everything a muddy mess right now. 🥴

We dug a pond for ours and sump the bottom out every 8 weeks or so. Sometimes I'll sump a bit out before heavy rain is predicted to roll thru so we can get a free fill up. The sump has a long hose so we can change where the yuck water is being directed. Sometimes we'll fill a bucket or two to haul it to flowers I want pampered with nutrient rich 'duck juice'.

We dug a pond for ours and sump the bottom out every 8 weeks or so. Sometimes I'll sump a bit out before heavy rain is predicted to roll thru so we can get a free fill up. The sump has a long hose so we can change where the yuck water is being directed. Sometimes we'll fill a bucket or two to haul it to flowers I want pampered with nutrient rich 'duck juice'.
Oh that is awesome! Do you mind posting me a picture when you get a chance?

Back
Top Bottom