Dulzura

Songster
Aug 21, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
Hi everyone
Hello @Miss Lydia
Hope you all are fine.
I'm very helpless for my drake,
I have 4 years old drake who is pooping watery green from last 3 weeks almost and as well his lower part is so swelled.
I don't know the part name maybe it's stern i have attached a pic of that.
He is not active as he was always, not much quacking infact now not eating anything only drinks water.
He mostly eat bird feed, tomatoes, rices, cerelac, green veggies (sometimes - coriander).
I have concerned a vet, 1 week medication is completed but not have any improvement. ☹️

Here i have attached a pic of his lower swelled part.

Attachments

• IMG20220701231643.jpg
    IMG20220701231643.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 6
No infection he said .
For now I'm not giving him any antibiotics. Today he start eating little bit. But yes you are right he is infected.
Will you suggest me antibiotic?

Did the vet say he has some type of infection? Is he taking an antibiotic?

I'd talk to your vet about tube feeding him. They can't last long without eating.
I'm sorry he is sick it does sound like an infection

It's hard for us to tell you what antibiotic would be best. The vet should take some poo and he /she should be able to figure out what the infection is and treat.
Glad to hear he is eating some.

Hi everyone
Hello @Miss Lydia
Hope you all are fine.
I'm very helpless for my drake,
I have 4 years old drake who is pooping watery green from last 3 weeks almost and as well his lower part is so swelled.
I don't know the part name maybe it's stern i have attached a pic of that.
He is not active as he was always, not much quacking infact now not eating anything only drinks water.
He mostly eat bird feed, tomatoes, rices, cerelac, green veggies (sometimes - coriander).
I have concerned a vet, 1 week medication is completed but not have any improvement. ☹️
what do you mean by bird feed? Is it duck food?
Also when you say quacking- I assume it's a whispery, raspy quack which he usually does?

Back
Top Bottom