Duck population crashed last night

If it wasn't poison (either first hand or second) and it wasn't the feed, then I would guess it is a neighbor who wrung their necks. No marks, no saliva, no rectal bleeding.....makes me think that this is a strong possibility.

Sorry for your loss.

Ohh thats horrible. I wish I had answers but one of my pekin drakes died suddenly this morning. He was in the pen with the other drake and hen. My only guess at this point is that spring is coming and he was viewed as competition.

Ohh thats horrible. I wish I had answers but one of my pekin drakes died suddenly this morning. He was in the pen with the other drake and hen. My only guess at this point is that spring is coming and he was viewed as competition.

So sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I am in Arkansas City Kansas, I have a teaching farm and garden at the Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum, it is baised on a 1900's Praire Farm and Garden. no one has ever complaind about them. I dont know what happend but I am medicatiing everyone just to be safe. I will be getting more ducks and chicks in march so much halk loss this winter. never really thought about poision guess it is a possibility we do have alot of mice running on the land

Back
Top Bottom