Duck possibly attacked or sick

She got up and pooped! I want to take a picture of it but she won't move her butt. It looked a little watery, with chunks of green. Plant green, not bright or dark green. No sign of blood in the poop, and no yellow. I'm attempting to find a picture somewhere that looks similar.

And, for the great news: she's drinking! Dunking her head, drinking, preening feathers. She's still trembling (just her head and neck) and she's a little wobbly, but otherwise, definitely improving. The lettuce is still there and the food looks untouched, but at least she's getting some water in.

She got up and pooped! I want to take a picture of it but she won't move her butt. It looked a little watery, with chunks of green. Plant green, not bright or dark green. No sign of blood in the poop, and no yellow. I'm attempting to find a picture somewhere that looks similar.

And, for the great news: she's drinking! Dunking her head, drinking, preening feathers. She's still trembling (just her head and neck) and she's a little wobbly, but otherwise, definitely improving. The lettuce is still there and the food looks untouched, but at least she's getting some water in.
Try mealworms! Very hard to resist for duckies.

It's always possible she could have ingested something bad. I was assuming a predator due to the ducks quacking and the fearful way the chickens were acting, but we had a rainstorm recently with a lot of runoff that goes directly across our yard.

I have a bag of charcoal 'bricks' but not activated charcoal. How would you typically give it to a duck? Sprinkled over their food? It wouldn't hurt.
I also thought "Racoon!!" the day my »Limpy« earned her/his name: I just had installed the new duckie-pool, went inside to grab my phone and make a funny video when suddenly a big commotion started outside. My ducks were running all over the place, quacking »The sky is falling on our heads, save us!!!« and in the middle of all this was one duck that suddenly could not walk anymore: Limpy
I use these charcoal-bombs from the local pharmacy:
20180915_210327.jpg
Grab Duck, ignore protest, open bill, insert coin, push down and you both have a drink.
The coal is still black and leaves nasty stains when it reappears at the other end of the duck.

It appeared that she attempted to bathe in the water bowl at some point this morning. Everything was soaked! Only a small amount of food was touched. A lot of the wood shavings are stained green from poop. My dad had let her out and said she was walking normally, but she's hiding under the trailer so I can't really check on how she is looking. She did look at me, alert. There is still a slight tremor to her head.

Back
Top Bottom