Duck Problem's

MusicLover4Ever

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 2, 2014
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me! My duck has been showing some strange behavior, he has a couple times before been just running around in circles in his pen but, today I woke up to the same thing and normal he talks to me when I come out to see him but he is all silent. He isn't doing any of his little chirps like normal and it's scaring me.
I have never owned a duck, we rescued him from being stuck in between our fences, this is my first time raising one. We have had him about 6 months and he has all his feathers in. I don't know if this is normal or not can some please help!
Thank You

Sorry to hear about your duck. :hugs
I've never had a problem like that before but your duck may be lonely If he's your only duck. Ducks like to be together and your duck possibly is starting to feel alone. I would recommend that you get more ducks of the same age to keep him company if hes your only duck. Otherwise is he eating and drinking like normal? Is there something he might have ate that is toxic? Also be sure that he always has clean water deep enough to dunk his head and to drink while hes eating.
Hopefully he's himself soon!

Thank You! He has started talking again thankfully. He has been eating and drinking and each day I give him a deep enough container of water to swim in and deep his beak into. He is back to himself as of right now, we get him his food from our local Tractor Supply Co.
Again Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom