Duck Questions

I just use a little 40" kiddie pool that I got from target, when I brought in the 4th duck I decided to also just buy an extra one that is a bit smaller. Mine are sweethearts I kind of just put them together and they were pretty good. I only had 2 when I brought in the 3rd they were pretty accepting of her. I think it would maybe be a good idea to just let them be in a pen in the presence of the other ducks for a day or 2 before actually letting them together. When they first see eachother they will need to work out their pecking order but mine were pretty accepting after that. I think it depends on how accepting your duck flock ends up. My original 2 were less accepting of the 4th that I brought in, and I have been putting her in a different coop at night with the 3rd duck because they get along very well. I would put them all in my main coop together now but I just don't feel like having to catch them to train them to go into a different coop. It's only been a few weeks since I brought in the 4th but they are all integrated now and all get along well. Sorry if I typed too much lol
Haha It's fine! I love getting thorough information. I think I will definitely go the kiddie pool route. Yes I think I will quarantine and slowly integrate the two or three rounds of ducks! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom