Duck questions....

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
We have eggs in the incubator at school...they are muscovy crossed with runner. I have some questions about these.

1. The lady says someone told her that any offspring from these eggs would be infertile..is that true?

2. Will these ducklings you think keep the trait of muscovys are far as being quiet?

3. Anyone have any pics of this cross?

Thanks for the help!
big_smile.png

If the place you got them from has a male and female duck, then I dont see why they wouldnt be fertile...

Now I havent hatched any mixes of mine yet, but I have some duck eggs in the incubator, and I'm curious to see what I get!

Thanks....but Im not trying to figure out if the egg is INFERTILE....but the offspring hatched out of the egg would be sterile. At least that is what the lady thinks. I told her I doubt it though.
Thanks!
smile.png

I looked it up and found that.....

Muscovy + any Domestic Duck = Sterile Offspring

That are supposedly beautiful birds with lots of hybrid vigor.
big_smile.png

The offsprings are known as Mules . I had My muscovie breed with my other domestic ducks and they cant have babies . I was told that once in a while it can happen but its very rare . The mules are very nice looking ducks though . They quack like a normal duck . Dont have the red stuff around the face like muscovies but have the body of a muscovey .

Back
Top Bottom