Duck recovering from possible limberneck

Middlbury

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
My duck Paddy who was possibly down with limber neck has recovered but I find two changes in her
She stands and sleeps, does not sit down at all and secondly takes a long time to dry out after she comes out of the tub.
Any thoughts or suggestions regarding these two issues? Love to hear ..
Thanks

:welcome

Some more information would be helpful. Besides Limber neck did she show any other symptoms? Do you have anything in your yard she may have eaten/drank? Decaying carcass, Maggots or stagnant water? How did you go about treating her? What are you feeding her? How does her poop look? Could you post a picture of her?

Thank you MasterOfClucker..
There is normally a puddle outside their bath tub when I wash the tub in which they dig to find some insects I'm guessing..but the area dries up in about an hour.They have been doing this for years now,other than this cannot think of anything new ,unless while foraging my small garden, they have chanced upon some stray cat poop!
I am attaching a picture of both my duckies - Paddy the all-white one who is wet and cleaning herself is the one who has been ill, incidentally she seems to be suffering from Wet feather and also has not sat down at all for the past two days (even to sleep). The other brown and white one is Rice who seems fine at the moment.
Vet gave them both a dose of deworming and some Vitamin supplement.Paddy has not been eating anything much,drinks a lot of water though.Normal feed is cooked rice and Paddy grains-treats are mostly bananas(both love it)
Cheers
IMG_20200406_084732.jpg

Thank you MasterOfClucker..
There is normally a puddle outside their bath tub when I wash the tub in which they dig to find some insects I'm guessing..but the area dries up in about an hour.They have been doing this for years now,other than this cannot think of anything new ,unless while foraging my small garden, they have chanced upon some stray cat poop!
I am attaching a picture of both my duckies - Paddy the all-white one who is wet and cleaning herself is the one who has been ill, incidentally she seems to be suffering from Wet feather and also has not sat down at all for the past two days (even to sleep). The other brown and white one is Rice who seems fine at the moment.
Vet gave them both a dose of deworming and some Vitamin supplement.Paddy has not been eating anything much,drinks a lot of water though.Normal feed is cooked rice and Paddy grains-treats are mostly bananas(both love it)
CheersView attachment 2077136
Omitted to mention that we've been following the vets advice of amoxicillin 5 ml (2 doses down) and oral rehydration solution 5 ml as well as vitamin supplement. She initally pooped white at the onset of the illness, since she stopped eating she hasn't pooped at all, she has now been pooping clear but her intake for the past 24 hours has primarily been water...

What your feeding currently isn't the most nutritious diet, which may be a sole cause of her wet feather and other problems related to malnutrition. Could you start them on a sole ration of Duck feed or a All flock Feed/Purina Raiser intend for Waterfowl? Do they have access to deep swimming water, so they can bathe?

Back
Top Bottom