Duck run in the winter

I think I'll try out making a sort of roof as well, that definitely sounds like a time saver (no need to shovel nearly as much snow)
I would really recommend a roof that has a sloop. That same storm where I used my roof rake, collasped the run roof of a friend who had a flat roof of heavy poultry netting. You can probably find a used frame from a portable garage on something like Kijiji.

Seeing my ducks sitting out in the snow honestly really stressed me out at first, as someone who owns mostly exotic birds I'm still getting used to their resilience to cold.
I also have peacocks. They don't seem to mind strutting through the snow so they can perch outside in the sunshine.

I would really recommend a roof that has a sloop. That same storm where I used my roof rake, collasped the run roof of a friend who had a flat roof of heavy poultry netting. You can probably find a used frame from a portable garage on something like Kijiji.

I also have peacocks. They don't seem to mind strutting through the snow so they can perch outside in the sunshine.
I can definitely get my hands on something like that, it's gonna be a fun project 😁

I've always wanted peafowl! They're so majestic! But I don't think anyone other than a zoo can really have them here in Iceland. At least I've never heard anyone keeping peafowl around here.

Please add your location to your profile. You can do this from your icon pic, top right, account details, location. Helps when providing advice. Probably different for Iceland as compared to Florida. lol

There is a way to see if there is a thread for members who live in the same area, like "Canadians". I tried to find one for Iceland but couldn't. Did learn about Icelandic chickens though. Maybe someone else know how to do this.

I don't have photos (because I am really low tech and too lazy to learn how to get my phone and computer to talk to each other). Sorry.

I have been using a standard boot tray -- about 24 inches by 14 inches or so -- for the dog dish, which is the size smaller than the 1-gallon one. Boy, I'm just a whole lot of almost-helpful, huh? Taller sides are better on the tray, but anything is an improvement when it comes to trying to reduce duck disasters.

Good thing they are such amazing critters because they sure make messes!
To do pictures between phone and computer, e-mail pictures on your phone to yourself. Open e-mail on computer and download pictures to computer. Now you can upload the pictures onto websites or send them wherever you want from your computer.
I'm not a computer person myself. I've only learned what I needed to do the things I wanted. Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks!!

Coincidentally, the IT guy from my former job was just here to see why my Internet connection has been down for three days. He showed me how to do the photos to the computer from my phone and I THINK I can do it. We'll see.

I really appreciate your offer; BYC people are the BEST!! And, given my lack of tech skills, I may still have to ask for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom