Duck run

Robbie3

Songster
Apr 4, 2020
Virginia
So my ducks are 2months old. They stay outside all day and I bring them in at night. I haven’t been able to predator proof my duck house and run yet, that’s why they come in. Anyway, this is how they like to sleep. Is that ok after I predator proof the house and run? For them to sleep in the run?

Attachments

• FBEFEA97-22F9-4BAB-AF4D-89E1A4FD81F1.jpeg
    FBEFEA97-22F9-4BAB-AF4D-89E1A4FD81F1.jpeg
    638.2 KB · Views: 25
It's fine for them to sleep in the run, just make sure they have a place to hide in case a stray raccoon tries harassing them, which could cause a great deal of stress on the little guys. And of course, make sure the run and coop is predator-proof.

Looks great, the only thing I would suggest is that you either put a roof on top or raise the bottom part of the run with some type of well-drained material, as you can probably see, when it rains in the run, there are not many places for it to go besides just sit there. Which in effect will cause a nasty stinky muddy run that's only going to cause problems for your ducks.

It's fine for them to sleep in the run, just make sure they have a place to hide in case a stray raccoon tries harassing them, which could cause a great deal of stress on the little guys. And of course, make sure the run and coop is predator-proof.
Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom